Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Back to School

First Day of School - Sadie came home full of all kinds information to tell me. One thing she was excited about was when you lose a tooth you get to put a sticker on a chart and you get a sticker to wear. On the second day of school Sadie came out with her 5th missing tooth. I was a little surprised because I didn't even know it was loose and she usually gives me an update daily on her loose teeth. I was a little suspicious at first because she was so excited on the 1st day about the chart the teacher has. I wondered if she wanted to be the first one to loose a tooth. But I found out she wasn't first, 2 little boys lost teeth the first day. She hasn't been able to eat corn on the cob this summer. Oh how we love Sadie! Tyler and Olivia miss her so much. They cried for a week last year when she left for school. This year they pouted and then made a huge mess while I was doing laundry. This is not typical for them. Tyler did most of it. But his sister didn't do anything to stop. Below are pictures of the mess they made in less then 15 minutes.











They've done this everyday since school has strated. I didn't even take a picture of the books they dropped over the banister. Today I restructed our mornings and my house is still clean. YEAH!!! I love to have a clean house. I get a little bit grumpy when it isn't. Probably something I should relax about. I do have to say my kids feelings are more important then a clean house so I didn't get mad at them for making such a big mess.




11 comments:

Callie said...

Hi Kim! First of all, from what I can see you haven't aged either...and better yet haven't gained an ounce after 3 kids...you look great! So, I am jealous that you are so skinny. Kind of funny about your kids making a big mess...my house looks like that every day. I clean it up, and its right back to being messy again. I wonder why I even bother. Remember when we had the white glove check in #308 and you were in charge of cleaning out the fridge? You were FREAKING out because there were things growing under the veggie drawers..hahaha. I still have that video somewhere.
Does Bobbie have a blog? or email address? Doe she still wear ringlets every day? :) I would love to reconnect with her as well. I totally forgot that you guys were cousins!
I am so glad I can follow all your family adventures now! Yay!

The Wynn Family said...

School already! Crazy where did the summer go?

tawnya said...

You are my inspiration for having a clean house with kids - I was always amazed when Sadie could put things away properly! I owe Sammy's cleanliness to you!

Brenbren said...

Speaking of clean houses, my apartment isn't. I was secretly jealous that your huge house was cleaner than my tiny two bedroom apartment. I have a tornado that is hard to keep up with. Man, I miss hanging out with you. Although, I already bought you a Christmas present and I am totally excited because I KNOW you'll love it. On a side note, I am sleeping nine hours straight at night. Don't you just want to kiss Natalie. She's so nice to me!

Hilary said...

Your kids are beautiful. So you really do look the same as you did in college. That's how I recognized you! Haven't aged...what's up with that?

mandy said...

I only have Madelyn at home 3 mornings a week and she just follows me around making big messes. I forgot about this stage! I would love to hear about how Bobbie is doing also. We had such a good time that year, didn't we?

Callie said...

How do you find the motivation to run every day??! Way to go! I use to...I need to get back in to it, and I am hoping this new way of eating will give me some more energy to do it.
I am so glad to hear Bobbie found a true romantic like herself...she was so funny like that!
I have some scary funny video of all of us, I wish I could get it on DVD somehow and send it to you, you would die laughing. Maybe one day!

Hayley Nelson Potter said...

I love your blog, you have some great picture on here. I love the fact that you have two mess makers together. I was also jelous to see your California pictures. I can hardly wait until March to get there!

Hayley Nelson Potter said...

Ok we decided to go private again so send over your email and we will send you an invite. See you bright and early in the morning! Have a good night.

the-olson-clan said...

Your little ones really are adorable! I am glad to read that I am not the only one who gets grumpy over a dirty house! We miss the neighborhood too...although trey still thinks it's pretty cool that he is sleeping at Grandma's house! :)

the-olson-clan said...

yes so I think we did have the fastest move ever! I am just starting to recover from it! I have nightmares thinking that I have lost certain things and forgot to pack others!! Yes please invite yourself over. Hopefully we will be moved in by the first of the year and I would love for you to stop by anytime! We miss the neighborhood big time! My mom's house is in the middle of no-where so it makes it a little harder to go to the park or on a walk. Keep us in mind if you ever go to the park or somewhere fun for the kids!!